Lent Devotion | Day 4

 


Daniel 9:4-5 (NIV)
I prayed to the Lord my God and confessed: “Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with those who love him and keep his commandments, we have sinned and done wrong."

Confession time. I’m not really great at confession. Maybe you’re like me and it’s hard to admit when we are wrong. Sometimes it can be helpful to think of confession as telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. This verse shows us how to be honest about who we are and who God is. The whole truth is that as hard as I might try, I am a sinful person. I make mistakes, even worse I sometimes deliberately choose my own way and not God’s way.

God is a promise keeper, he extends love to people like you and me. Love that urges and compels us to follow God’s commandments, to not stay content in our sin, offering half-truths that make us look righteous.

Do I need to bring my laundry list of sins to God every time I pray? Well, I know that when I try to hide things from God, I am holding those things between us. I want to be near to God, and far from sin, so I ask God for help and forgiveness. God never fails.

Popular Posts