Lent Devotion | Day 37


Galatians 2:20 (NIV)
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

When the crowd saw Jesus crucified on the cross, they thought it was all over. They thought that death had the final say. They didn’t understand at the time that when Jesus died, he took all of our sins upon him, and our old sinful nature died with him on that cross.

That’s why Paul says that he has been crucified with Christ. He is saying that his former sinful way of life died with Jesus on the cross, and now because of Jesus’ resurrection, we have a new life.

For those who call Jesus Lord, we are given a fresh start and the holy spirit lives in us! Because of what Jesus did, anyone who believes in him has been made pure, holy and without blemish. 

Popular Posts