Lent Devotion | Day 36


Romans 5:8 (NIV)
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

It’s easy for us to love people in our life who are kind, caring, and overall pleasant to be around. But what about the people who hurt us? It’s not always as easy to extend love to people who are difficult to love.

As humans, our love sometimes comes with strings attached. If you treat me well, if you’re thoughtful, if you make me happy, then I’ll love you. You can have my love, but you’re going to have to earn it.

The good news is, that’s not the way God loves. His love is a gift freely given to us. There’s nothing we can do to earn it. In fact, scripture tells us that even when we were sinners, even when we were selfish and rebellious and hard headed, Christ died for you and for me. We are his precious children, fully known and loved. 

Popular Posts